Port Lockroy, Antarctica. Discovered in 1904 and named after Edouard Lockroy, a French politician. During World War II the British established the Port Lockroy base which continued to operate as a research station until 1962. Today the buildings have been restored and operate as a museum. There’s even an official post office operated by the UK Antarctic Heritage Trust so tourists can mail their postcards with a novel Antarctica franking stamp.